37 Blog Post Ideas for Beginners
Blogging can be fun (and sometimes frustrating). Especially when you’re trying to come up with new ideas on what to write about. Are you a new blogger and just not sure where to start?
Before we dive right in there’s two things I want to preface first…. When you’re writing a blog make sure it’s quality content and you’ve written it in your style. And avoid the waffle. There’s nothing worse than reading a boring blog that just goes on and on without saying anything valuable!
#1-10 Blog Post Ideas
- Create your ultimate guidepost on the topic you know better than anything else. Be sure to link to other websites in your niche and notify them when you publish your post.
- Share some statistics and figures: people love posts with data.
- Create a list of inspiring quotes relevant to your niche.
- Describe in detail your process of creating something.
- Tell about other tactics you used to achieve results.
- Make a list of tactics used by other authoritative bloggers on some specific topic.
- Create 3 templates to save your target audience time.
- Tell how to make money in your niche.
- How to do something better and faster.
- Describe the most common problem your target audience faces and suggest a way of solving it.
#11-20 Blog Post Ideas
- Remember what inspires you and create an inspirational post.
- Reveal the truth on a myth or old wives’ tale
- Create a blogger roundup post. Ask your online friends how they solve a problem you also face.
- Advise your target audience whom to read and follow.
- Tell about free products and courses that would be helpful to your audience. Make a big list of such freebies, link to your friends, and notify them about it.
- Write a detailed FAQ on any topic that interests you.
- Analyze the authoritative bloggers in your niche and define what all of them have in common.
- Share productivity hacks including how you do it, what software and tools you use and why.
- Become a member of relevant groups on Facebook and find the questions of other users you know answers to.
- Offer each of your readers your help with something you’re good at. Let them send their questions in emails or leave them in comments.
#21-37 Blog Post Ideas
- Tell about your experience, how you achieve your results in something.
- What recommendations and books have influenced your life and productivity?
- Make an interview with an influencer. Be sure to make a list of questions that interest you in advance.
- In your blog post, answer your readers’ questions.
- Study the comments on other blogs in your niche. Find repetitive questions and write the answers.
- Write about the skills required for your niche.
- Most common mistakes in your niche.
- What lessons anyone can learn both from your experience and what you do.
- Make a list of links to the best tutorials and guides.
- Create the best articles roundup of the last year/month/week.
- Tell about the most important things you wish you’d known when you started.
- Write a detailed review on a product that you used.
- Write a checklist of how to do something.
- Create a cheat sheet that will help your users achieve better results.
- Write a thank-you post and mention everyone who helped you on your way.
- Create an info-graphic on a topic that interests you. Use different data sources.
- Create a video tutorial and add it to an existing blog. This works well for “How to” blogs.
Your blog should be focused on a niche and topic you’re passionate about and what others would find interesting. Your blog should be solely on that niche and what others would find interesting.
Once you finish writing your blog, give yourself 48 hours break and come back to it with fresh eyes. Don’t be afraid to cut lots out and keep it succinct.
Always use an attention-grabbing headline. Interestingly 8 out of 10 readers will read the headline then stop there, only 2/10 will read the entire article. Your headline needs to be catchy because it’s what grabs the attention of your reader, make it standout.
What are the best blog topics you would recommend to a new blogger?
Leave your comments below.